Meet Gideon Marcus- our little miracle. Gideon is a gift from Heaven and his journey here is truly “a miracle” as Dr. Saunders called it. His Mommy’s water broke at 28 weeks and she spent the next 5 weeks in the hospital keeping baby inside. Every day was a blessing since we thought little Gideon would come any day. He made it to 33 weeks until he finally joined the world. Little Gideon was only 3 pounds, but was a fighter from the moment he came- even crying in the delivery room! He spent the next 5 weeks in the hospital and fought hard every day to grow big and strong so he could finally come home to his Mommy, Daddy, and big brother. He gained weight, learned how to eat on his own, learned to control his body temperature, learned how to breathe on his own, and became the favorite of all the doctors and nurses in the NICU with his beautiful spirit and contagious smile.
Gideon has been home for a few months now and is doing great! We are so thankful to Dr. Saunders for all he did to keep Gideon inside his Mommy as long as possible, and then to deliver him so expertly when the time came. Gideon is truly a miracle and we are thankful for his journey every day because the sacrifices we made make us love him that much more.
To help Baby Gideon win the Baby Contest, do the following to cast votes: (each one is one extra vote!)
- Like Dr. Saunders Facebook Page
- comment “vote” on the blog post (bottom of the page)
- share the blog post on Facebook (social share buttons at bottom of page)
- tweet the blog post on Twitter
- pin all pictures on Pinterest (7 chances to vote here alone!)
- share the blog post on Google+
- email the blog post
- comment on our picture that we posted of Baby Gideon
- like the picture we posted of Baby Gideon
- share the picture that we posted of Baby Gideon (click here for the post) (will be posted Monday 8/12 @8am)